|Junction City, KY (May 10, 2015) Ponderosa Speedway track promoter Jerry Denson will be have the 3/8 mile D-shaped oval better known as “Kentucky’s Baddest Bullring” idle for the next two weeks as the track will be closed on May 15 and May 22, but racing action will return on Friday May 29 with a full racing program of action in all divisions.
The next racing action at Ponderosa Speedway will take place on Friday May 29 and will feature all divisions in action, with the Good Neighbor Pharmacy Super Late Models racing for $1,000 to win and the Sweet Beans and Things Modifieds racing for $700 to win. Also in competition at Ponderosa Speedway on Friday May 29 will be the Premier Integrity Solutions Pro Late Models racing for $600 to win, Lawson Tractor Sales and Service KDRA Super Stocks racing for $400 to win, and Hardee’s Mini-Cup/Cyclones racing for $100 to win.
Ponderosa Speedway utilizes transponder timing and scoring and all drivers need to be at the track signed in by 7:00 p.m. and the rental fee for transponders is $10 and a $5 fee if a driver has their own transponder. RACEceivers are also mandatory in all divisions.
Activities for the next scheduled racing program at Ponderosa Speedway on Friday May 29 will see the pit area and general admission area open at 4:00 p.m. The drivers meeting will take place at 7:00 p.m., with practice/time trials set to begin at 7:15 p.m., with green flag racing set for 8:30 p.m. All times listed are Eastern Daylight Times. Ticket prices for the racing program at Ponderosa Speedway on Friday May 29 in the general admission area will be $15 for adults, while children ages 12 and under are free. A pit pass will be $30, with children ages 3 to 12 in the pit area $15, and children ages 2 and under free.
Ponderosa Speedway last raced on Friday May 8 and feature event winners included Rick Eckert of York, PA in Good Neighbor Pharmacy Super Late Models, J.T. Ayers of New Haven, KY in Sweet Beans and Things Modifieds, Todd Coffman of Parksville, KY in Premier Integrity Solutions Pro Late Models, and Glen Hounshell, Jr. of Mount Vernon, KY in Lawson Tractor Sales and Service KDRA Super Stocks, while the Hardees Mini-Cup/Cyclone division had the evening off.
Track championship point leaders heading into the Friday May 29 contest are James Rice of Verona, KY in Good Neighbor Pharmacy Super Late Models, J.T. Ayers of New Haven, KY in Sweet Beans and Things Modifieds, Todd Coffman of Parksville, KY in Premier Integrity Solutions Pro Late Models, Glen Hounshell, Jr. of Mount Vernon, KY in Lawson Tractor Sales and Service KDRA Super Stocks, and Jason Bell of London, KY in Hardees Mini-Cup/Cyclones.
Ponderosa Speedway is located at 365 Phillips Lane on the Boyle/Lincoln County border, outside of Junction City, KY, just minutes from Danville, KY. Jerry Denson is the track promoter. For more information about racing activities at Ponderosa Speedway, visit the track’s webpage on the internet at www.ponderosaspeedway.net or by contacting track promoter Jerry Denson at (606) 235-0190 or via email at email@example.com., via Twitter @MichaelDespain or @PonderosaSpdwy, or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/131180253585931/ (Ponderosa Speedway). Patrons and/or other interested parties can phone the track at (859) 854-6808 on raceday.
Ponderosa Speedway Current Top Ten Track Points after May 8, 2015 Good Neighbor Pharmacy Super Late Models
1. James Rice (Verona, KY)- 216
2. Michael Chilton (Salvisa, KY)- 190
3. Justin Rattliff (Campbellsville, KY)- 156
4. Timmy Taylor (Harrodsburg, KY)- 137
5. J.L. Muse (Monticello, KY)- 133
6. Josh Rice (Verona, KY)- 116
7. Ernie Cordier (Brodhead, KY)- 112
8. Brad Neat (Dunnville, KY)- 106
9. Victor Lee (Danville, KY)- 94
10. Brian Smith (Gray, KY)- 87
Premier Integrity Solutions Pro Late Models
1. Todd Coffman (Parksville, KY)- 295
2. Zane Powell (Junction City, KY)- 279
3. Darrell Gaddis (Junction City, KY)- 225
4. Chris Fair (Liberty, KY)- 220
5. Elliott Despain (Campbellsville, KY)- 194
6. Brian Walters (Russell Springs, KY)- 190
7. Gary Yeager (Harrodsburg, KY)- 165
8. Matthew Smith (Gray, KY)- 151
9. Conner Meade (Clay City, KY)- 119
10. Tommy Carlton (Lawrenceburg, KY)- 110
Sweet Beans and Things Modifieds
1. J.T. Ayers (New Haven, KY)- 312
2. Jeff Watson (Campbellsville, KY)- 256
3. Michael England (Glasgow, KY)- 215
4. Joseph Husband (Richmond, KY)- 186
5. David Webb (Nicholasville, KY)- 183
6. Chase McWhorter (Kings Mountain, KY)- 174
7. Ryan Thomas (Gosport, IN)- 171
8. Wade Rookard (East Bernstadt, KY)- 163
9. Trent Young (Hopkinsville, KY)- 146
10. Cameron Marlar (Winfield, TN)- 130
Lawson Tractor Sales and Service KDRA Super Stocks
1. Glen Hounshell, Jr. (Mount Vernon, KY)- 263
2. Johnny King (Lancaster, KY)- 225
3. Glen Branham (Berea, KY)- 221
4. Bartley Grant (Berea, KY)- 210
5. Sarah Patrick (Albany, KY)- 181
6. Jeremy Howard (Berea, KY)- 174
7. Jamey Adams (Laurelville, OH)- 157
8. Eddie Stewart (Manchester, KY)- 145
9. Derek Bottoms (Taylorsville, KY)- 124
10. Bill Robinson (Waco, KY)- 74
1. Jason Bell (London, KY)- 135
2. Scott Crusenberry (Williamsburg, KY)- 133
3. Josh Dickerson (Richmond, KY)- 129
4. Tim Crusenberry (Williamsburg, KY)- 127
5. Michael Wallin (Crab Orchard, KY)- 62