|Junction City, KY (August 30, 2015) Ponderosa Speedway track promoter Jerry Denson and staff at the 3/8 mile D-shaped red clay oval better known as “Kentucky’s Baddest Bullring” will return to action on Friday September 4 with the 4th Annual Red Clay Bash sanctioned by the Southern Nationals Bonus Series presented by Collins Signs, paying $3,000 to win for Super Late Models and $1,000 to win for Modifieds as race number two of the Revelution Race Cars 2015 Iron Man Speedweek presented by Arizona Sport Shirts and 2015 Iron Man Modified Speedweek presented by American Racer South.
Ponderosa Speedway will present the 4th Annual Red Clay Bash on Friday September 4 and the Southern Nationals Bonus Series presented by Collins Signs will sanction the event as part of the Revelution Race Cars 2015 Iron Man Speedweek presented by Arizona Sport Shirts. The Super Late Models will participate in a full program of practice, time trials (2 laps/2 cars at a time), heats, B-Mains, and the 30 lap, $3,000 to win 4th Annual Red Clay Bash A-Main. Also as part of the Red Clay Bash on Friday September 4, the Iron Man Modified Speedweek presented by American Racer South will sanction the Modified portion of the program, paying $1,000 to win the open-wheel 20 lap main event. Joining these two divisions on the Red Clay Bash racing card on Friday September 4 will be the Premier Integrity Solutions Pro Late Models racing for $1,000 to win, along with the Lawson Tractor Sales and Service KDRA Super Stocks racing for $400 to win. Completing the racing card on Friday September 4 will be the Four Cylinder division racing for $300 to win (7 car minimum) and Hardees Mini-Cup/Cyclones racing for $100 to win. The Super Late Model will time trial two laps, two cars at a time, while all other divisions will utilize the practice/time trials combo format to determine heat race starting positions, with Four Cylinders and Mini-Cup/Cyclone heat race line-ups based on the pill draw. RACEceivers are mandatory in all divisions and transponder timing/scoring is used. Drivers will pick up their transponders at the driver registration window and drivers need to be signed in by the time of the drivers meeting at 7:00 p.m.
For Super Late Models, the tire rule will be as follows: Hoosier- 1350 or 1600 rear only, open compound on front; American Racer- 48 or 56 rear only, open compound on the front. The race will start 22 cars and all entries that do not transfer, but run in their assigned B-Main, will receive $50 tow money. The series entry fee will be $70, plus there will be a $10 transponder rental fee. All other rules and regulations will follow the 2015 Southern Nationals Bonus Series rules and procedures. Also, there will be a $100 bonus to the highest finishing CT525 or 604 crate powered entry in the A-Main, along with a $100 bonus to the highest finishing all Steel/Spec engine powered entry in the A-Main only.
For Modifieds, the tire rule will be as follows: Hoosier A and H compounds on all four corners or American Racer Hard and Extra Hard on all four corners (with grooving of front tires allowed and siping of all tires allowed). Body rules will be 2015 UMP DirtCar Modified rules, with a 2,400 lb. minimum weight. Eighteen drivers will start the Modified A-Main The series entry fee will be $10, plus a $10 transponder rental fee.
With the Premier Integrity Solutions Pro Late Model division also racing for extra money, there will be an entry fee for this division for this event. The entry fee will be $25 and does include transponder rental fee.
Activities for the 4th Annual Red Clay Bash at Ponderosa Speedway on Friday September 4 will see the pit area and general admission area open at 4:00 p.m. The drivers meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m., with practice laps set to start at 7:20 p.m., while racing will take the green flag at 8:30 p.m. All times are Eastern Daylight Times. Tickets prices for the 4th Annual Red Clay Bash in the general admission area will be $20 for adults, with children ages 12 and under free, while a pit pass will be $35, with children ages 3 to 12 $15 and children age 2 and under free.
Ponderosa Speedway’s 4th Annual Red Clay Bash A-Main Payouts for Friday Sept. 4, 2015:
*Southern Nationals Bonus Series Super Late Models (30 laps): 1st- $3,000, 2nd- $1,500, 3rd- $1,000, 4th- $900, 5th- $800, 6th- $700, 7th- $600, 8th- $500, 9th- $450, 10th- $400, 11th- $350, 12th- $300, 13th- $300, 14th- $300, 15th- $300, 16th- $300, 17th- $300, 18th- $300, 19th- $300, 20th- $300, 21st- $300, 22nd- $300.
*Iron Man Speedweek Modifieds (20 laps): 1st- $1,000, 2nd- $450, 3rd- $325, 4th- $250, 5th- $200, 6th- $175, 7th- $150, 8th- $125, 9th- $115, 10th- $100, 11th- $100, 12th- $100, 13th- $100, 14th- $100, 15th- $100, 16th- $100, 17th- $100, 18th- $100.
*Premier Integrity Solutions Pro Late Models (25 laps): 1st- $1,000, 2nd- $500, 3rd- $400, 4th- $375, 5th- $350, 6th- $300, 7th- $250, 8th- $200, 9th- $175, 10th- $150, 11th- $125, 12th- $125, 13th- $125, 14th- $125, 15th- $125, 16th- $125, 17th- $125, 18th- $125.
*KDRA Super Stocks (15 laps): 1st- $400, 2nd- $200, 3rd- $150, 4th- $125, 5th- $100, 6th- $90, 7th- $80, 8th- $70, 9th- $60, 10th- $55, 11th- $50, 12th- $50, 13th- $50, 14th- $50, 15th- $50, 16th- $50, 17th- $50, 18th- $50.
*Four Cylinders (12 laps): 1st- $300, 2nd- $150, 3rd- $100, 4th- $90, 5th- $80, 6th- $70, 7th- $65, 8th- $60, 9th- $55, 10th- $50, 11th- $45, 12th- $45, 13th- $45, 14th- $45, 15th- $45, 16th- $45, 17th- $45, 18th- $45. (if seven car minimum is not met, first place will start with 2nd place money) *Mini-Cup/Cyclones (10 laps): 1st- $100, 2nd- $75, 3rd- $65, 4th- $55, 5th- $50, 6th- $45, 7th- $40, 8th- $40, 9th- $40, 10th- $40, 11th- $40, 12th- $40, 13th- $40, 14th- $40, 15th- $40, 16th- $40, 17th- $40, 18th- $40.
Ponderosa Speedway is located at 365 Phillips Lane on the Boyle/Lincoln County border, outside of Junction City, KY, just minutes from Danville, KY. Jerry Denson is the track promoter. For more information about racing activities at Ponderosa Speedway, visit the track’s webpage on the internet at www.ponderosaspeedway.net or by contacting track promoter Jerry Denson at (606) 235-0190 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org., via Twitter @MichaelDespain or @PonderosaSpdwy, or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/131180253585931/ (Ponderosa Speedway). Patrons and/or other interested parties can phone the track at (859) 854-6808 on raceday.
Ponderosa Speedway Current Top Ten Track Point Standings after August 21, 2015
Good Neighbor Pharmacy Super Late Models
1. Michael Chilton (Salvisa, KY)- 548
2. Justin Rattliff (Campbellsville, KY)- 443
3. Timmy Taylor (Harrodsburg, KY)- 376
4. J.L. Muse (Monticello, KY)- 293
5. Dustin Linville (Bryantsville, KY)- 268
6. Brandon Kinzer (Lexington, KY)- 225
7. Victor Lee (Danville, KY)- 221
8. Donnie Sullivan (Stanford, KY)- 220
9. James Rice (Verona, KY)- 216
10. Daniel Dial (Lawrenceburg, KY)- 213
Premier Integrity Solutions Pro Late Models
1. Zane Powell (Junction City, KY)- 674
2. Todd Coffman (Parksville, KY)- 595
3. Darrell Gaddis (Junction City, KY)- 466
4. Chris Fair (Liberty, KY)- 452
5. Elliott Despain (Buffalo, KY)- 347
6. Timmy Yeager (Harrodsburg, KY)- 333
7. Jake Henry (Junction City, KY)- 323
8. Brian Walters (Russell Springs, KY)- 297
9. Hudson O’Neal (Martinsville, IN)- 292
10. Connor Meade (Clay City, KY)- 246
Sweet Beans and Things Modifieds
1. Jeff Watson (Campbellsville, KY)- 620
2. J.T. Ayers (New Haven, KY)- 604
3. Joseph Husband (Richmond, KY)- 439
4. Tim Patrick (Albany, KY)- 364
5. Victor Lee (Danville, KY)- 347
6. Steven Eversole (Crab Orchard, KY)- 302
7. Wade Rookard (East Bernstadt, KY)- 260
8. Gerald Haynes, Jr. (Somerset, KY)- 258
9. David Webb (Nicholasville, KY)- 250
10. Chase McWhorter (Kings Mountain, KY)- 244
Lawson Tractor Sales and Service KDRA Super Stocks
1. Glen Hounshell, Jr. (Mount Vernon, KY)- 533
2. Johnny King (Lancaster, KY)- 477
3. Sarah Patrick (Albany, KY)- 353
4. Eddie Stewart (Manchester, KY)- 285
5. Bartley Grant (Berea, KY)- 271
6. David Murphy (Stanford, KY)- 258
7. Glen Branham (Berea, KY)- 221
8. Jeremy Howard (Berea, KY)- 214
9. Jamey Adams (Laurelville, OH)- 157
10. Scott Beeler (Louisville, KY)- 125
Danny Blackwell (Taylorsville, KY)- 125
1. Jason Bell (London, KY)- 412
2. Scott Crusenberry (Williamsburg, KY)- 328
3. Josh Dickerson (Richmond, KY)- 205
4. Cole Bland (Campbellsville, KY)- 198
5. Tim Crusenberry (Williamsburg, KY)- 194
6. Michael Wallin (Crab Orchard, KY)- 62
7. Tyler Smith (Bimble, KY)- 18
1. Freddy Breeden (Somerset, KY)- 194
2. Keith Gipson (Keene, KY)- 179
3. Jamison Gipson (Lancaster, KY)- 172
4. Dylan Stevens (Morehead, KY)- 143
5. Robert Minton (Williamsburg, KY)- 125
6. Thomas Scenters (Berea, KY)- 122
7. Clint Cox (Beattyville, KY)- 121
8. Stacy Harrison (Keavy, KY)- 118
9. Ricky Puckett (Louisville, KY)- 69
10. Adam Gregory (Gray, KY)- 68